Martin OM-21 Standard Series
A true Martin original, the Martin OM is considered by many to be the design that ushered in the modern era of acoustic guitars. Martin unveiled the OM in 1930 as their Orchestra Model — a new body design that departed from the 12-fret designs they had offered since their founding in 1840. The Martin OM offered a 14-fret neck and a 000-inspired body that translated to big, projected tone — ideal for the popular dance hall and orchestra-style performances of the time.
The Martin OM-21 of today stays true to the OM of the 1930s, featuring a classic Sitka spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and select hardwood neck with ebony fingerboard and modest appointments that keep the price point lower but the sound still at the top. One of the new features of the Martin OM-21 is the Performing Artist neck profile, which features a shallow oval shape with a slightly narrower taper than a typical OM’s neck.
Rosewood and spruce deliver beautiful acoustic tone
You just can't beat the sound of solid spruce and genuine rosewood. For such an affordable guitar, this Martin OM-21 acoustic guitar spares no expense on its tonewoods. You'll love the crisp sound of this OM-21's solid East Indian rosewood back and sides. What's more, the Martin OM-21 is topped with solid Sitka spruce, adding rich and mellow overtones into the mix.
Modern feel and playability from the Performing Artist neck taper
Whether you need to survive long recording sessions or plan to play out late into the night, you'll be glad you got a Martin OM-21 acoustic guitar. This OM-21 features a modified low oval neck profile with the Performing Artist taper. The Martin OM-21's slim profile is easy on your hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort.
Well suited for both picking and fingerstyle
While every guitarist has their own preference, the Martin OM-21 acoustic guitar is equally suited for both fingerstyle and flatpicking. Its 1.75" nut width gives you that extra bit of string spacing that really helps fingerstyle players, without being so wide that you can't play lead runs with a pick. Get this Martin OM-21 in your hands, and we're sure you'll be impressed no matter how you play it.
Martin OM-21 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- 000-14 fret acoustic guitar with timeless Martin tone
- Performing Artist neck taper and satin-finished neck responds beautifully
- Rich lows, detailed mids, and smooth highs from the rosewood body topped with spruce
Expect a lifetime of reliable performance thanks to premium components like the real bone nut and saddles
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Orchestra 000-14 Fret
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Brown Faux Tortoise
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Style 28 Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: Lifespan 2.0 92/8 Phosphor Bronze, .012-.054
- Case Included: Hardshell Case