Schecter Keith Merrow KM-6 MK-II
The Schecter KM-6 MK-II solidbody electric guitar is YouTube heavy metal star Keith Merrow's second guitar design with Schecter.
Every aspect of the KM-6 MK-II is aimed at building the ultimate instrument for highly technical playing styles. Construction appointments like an Ernie Ball compensated nut and a 5-piece neck ensure optimum intonation and stability. The ultra-thin neck is capped with a compound-radius fretboard for fast playing. And two Seymour Duncan passive humbucking pickups deliver enough power to drive any amp to saturation. The Schecter KM-6 MK-II was definitely designed by a man who knows what modern metal players need.
Schecter Keith Merrow KM-6 MK-II Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Attention to detail
- Sleek, fast, and stable
- A powerful tone
- Attention to detail
One of the most obvious construction appointments on the KM-6 MK-II is the 5-piece maple/wenge neck. Extending through the body, this wood choice ensures maximum stability from the neck's ultra-thin profile. And the carbon fiber reinforcement rods and spoke wheel truss rod adjustment keep the neck where you want it. The Ernie Ball compensated nut is cut to allow for perfect intonation all the way up and down the fretboard. And the swamp ash body with maple top delivers plenty of cut and low-end power.
Sleek, fast, and stable
The neck of the KM-6 MK-II begs for you to play fast. Its ultra-thin profile stays out of the way as your fingers cruise across the ebony fretboard, and it's quickly becoming a favorite among guitarists. The compound radius offers comfortable chording and wide bending without inhibiting your playing. The beveled top of the MK-II model is comfortable under your arm. And the Hipshot hardtail bridge's low profile provides excellent control during speed picking.
A powerful tone
The swamp ash body wings and maple top are a potent combination for fast attack and note clarity, especially when using a lot of gain in your signal. The 25.5" scale length also helps, making sure you hear a strong fundamental whether playing in standard or drop tunings. The pairing of Seymour Duncan Sentient and Nazgul passive humbuckers are a favorite of Merrow's for their mix of clarity and aggressive punch. And a push-pull pot extends your sonic range with single-coil tones.
Schecter Keith Merrow KM-6 MK-II Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Guitar designed by Keith Merrow for modern metal styles
- Schecter locking tuners
- Neck-through construction adds sustain
- 25.5" scale is ideal for standard and down tuning
- Ernie Ball compensated nut ensures accurate intonation
- Seymour Duncan Sentient and Nazgul pickups
- 5-piece maple/wenge neck is very stable
- Coil tapping available for wider tonal range
- The Schecter Keith Merrow KM-6 MK-II is born for today's extreme players.
- Body Type Solidbody
- Body Shape C
- Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
- Number of Strings 6
- Body Material Swamp Ash
- Top Material Flamed Maple
- Body Finish Urethane
- Color Natural
- Neck Material 5-piece Maple/Wenge
- Neck Shape Ultra Thin 'C'
- Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius
- Fingerboard Material Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay Glow in the dark ring side inlays
- Number of Frets 24, X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale Length 25.5"
- Nut Width 1.653"
- Nut Material Ernie Ball compensated nut
- Bridge/Tailpiece Hipshot Hardtail (.125) with String Thru Body
- Tuners Schecter Locking
- Neck Pickup Duncan Sentient humbucker
- Bridge Pickup Duncan Nazgul humbucker
- Controls 1 x volume (push/pull), 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)
- Manufacturer Part Number 252