There's a reason why the 814ce is Taylor's most acclaimed guitar: With its blend of refined craftsmanship, richly textured sound and artful aesthetics, the 814ce represents everything that we stand for as guitar builders. East Indian rosewood back and sides, a Sitka spruce top and V-Class bracing produce a lush response with warm lows, pristine trebles and a slightly scooped midrange, leaving space in the mix for vocals or other instruments. Ideal for flatpicked lead lines, strumming, delicate fingerpicking and everything in between, this Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric boasts a versatile character that translates beautifully in amplified settings through the ES2 pickup. A deluxe hardshell case keeps the 814ce safe wherever you take it.
Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Tone Woods: Indian Rosewood
The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
Tone Woods: Sitka Spruce
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Electronics: Expression System® 2
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
Cutaway Style: Venetian Cutaway
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the body.
Bracing: V-Class BracingTaylor's patented V-Class bracing is a revolutionary new pattern — a new sonic engine — that marks a major shift away from traditional steel-string bracing patterns.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Bracing V-Class Bracing
- Pickguard Rosewood
- Tuners Smoked Nickel
- Strings Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Width 16"
- Nut & Saddle Black Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Number of Frets 20
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Body Length 20"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding Edge Treatment Rock Maple
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish Gloss 4.5
- Backstrap Wood None
- Stain/Sunburst None
- Armrest Yes
- Top Finish Gloss 4.5
- Backstrap Finish None
- Bridge Inlay None
- Armrest Binding Radius, Indian Rosewood
- Rosette Material Abalone
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment Pale Non-Figured Maple
- Type of Neck Joint Taylor Neck
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Length 3-1/2"
- Fretboard Inlay Element
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin
- Peghead Finish Gloss
- Peghead Type Standard
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Purfling Maple