Fender American Elite Jazz Bass
The Fender American Elite Jazz Bass
Packed to the gills with our latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass is an active bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.
With the exclusive all-new fourth-generation Noiseless pickups we’ve achieved the sonic equivalent of cold fusion—vintage-style response with completely noise-free performance. These muscular pickups are fueled by a redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the new genuine bone nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature- and humidity-induced warping. The HiMass™ Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous basslines with colossal punch and boundless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
This bass is packed with Fender’s immortal aesthetics—from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and new color this instrument will pin the audience’s ears back with it’s gigantic tone and slick style. The American Elite Jazz Bass is a bold new bass for adventurous bassists who need a tonal multi-tool that refuses to compromise on any front. Includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument and TSA locks.
- Model Name: American Elite Jazz Bass
- Series: American Elite
- Color: Tobacco Sunburst, 3-Colour Sunburst, Natural, Black, Olympic White
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple or Ebony (Rosewood no longer available as of June 2017)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Blocks
- Bridge Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Middle Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode. In Passive Mode, Only The Volume, Pan and Passive Tone Controls Function. In Active Mode, All Controls Function.
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)