Golden Age Project R1 Active Mk III Ribbon Microphone
The R1 Active MKIII is a very cool mic that combines the best of two worlds; the warmth of a ribbon and the stability of a F.E.T. buffer amplifier. This means that you can use the R1 Active MKIII with long cables and virtually any pre-amp featuring 48V phantom power. A clean and clear sound, yet warm and punchy is what the R1 Active MKIII will deliver in most cases. We love it on drums, as an ambience mic or in pairs for O.H. pickup, but it sounds great on most instruments. The R1 Active MKIII is in fact a very versatile mic even suitable for some sensitive vocal recording! And even more so now when the mk3 version includes switches for low cut and 10dB pad.
- The unmatched natural and musical sound of a classical ribbon microphone combined with the consistent sound quality offered by the addition of active electronics
- A FET / Bipolar discrete low-noise current amplifier, powered by standard 48V phantom power, that iso- lates the ribbon and gain make-up transformer from the outside world.
- A stunning realism with the feeling of “being-there”.
- The typical large and mellow ribbon sound quality with a very smooth top end and an extended low end.
- A fast and life-like transient reproduction.
- An ultra-high SPL capability, 160 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1000Hz) and a very high sensitivity for a ribbon microphone, similar to many condenser microphones.
- A Figure-8 directional pattern for wide sweet spots both in the front and in the back of the microphone. Zero spots towards the sides.
- A 50mm long ribbon made of 2 microns thick aluminium foil.
- An internal shock mount for the ribbon and magnet assembly.
- A removable microphone cable and a nice aluminium ight case.
- Manufactured of the nest materials for a great performance and long-term reliability.
- The R1 Active can be used with any standard mixer or preamp with a balanced input that can supply 48V phantom power.