Fender American Elite Precision Bass
The Fender American Elite Precision Bass
Updating Fender’s classic design with revolutionary technology and sound, the American Elite Precision Bass is an entirely new beast of a bass. Designed for 21st-century players who push the envelope of tone and possibility every time they play, this bass is a multi-faceted performer with classic style, exceptional feel and versatile, giant sound that leaves others in the dust.
Fender’s all-new fourth-generation Noiseless pickups are our latest advance in pickup technology. Exclusive to the American Elite series, they combine modern noise-free performance with authentic vintage-style sound that doesn’t sacrifice one iota of warmth. A redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape at the new genuine bone nut, the profile morphs along the length of the neck to a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature- and humidity-induced warping. The HiMass™ Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous basslines with mammoth punch and near-endless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
Fender is renowned for head-turning style, and this bass is no different—from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and a new color this instrument will amaze the audience with titanic sound and classic aesthetics. The American Elite Precision Bass is a daring new tonal multi-tool for modern bassists who need an instrument that doesn’t just meet the performance demands of modern music—it completely disintegrates them. Includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument and TSA locks.
- Model Name: American Elite Precision Bass
- Series: American Elite
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst, Olympic White, Black, Natural, Tobacco Sunburst
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Maple, Ebony (Rosewood no longer available as of June 2017)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Middle Pickup: Elite Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Pickup Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode. In Passive Mode, Only The Volume, Pan and Passive Tone Controls Function. In Active Mode, All Controls Function.
- Pickup Configuration: PJ
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
Questions? Call our staff! We'd be happy to help. 1-866-386-5638