For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- neck type SRMS5 for Multi Scale 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- body Poplar Burl top/Walnut/Mahogany body
- fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboard w/Acrylic special inlay
- fret Medium frets
- bridge MR5S bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- neck pickup Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup (Passive)
- bridge pickup Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup (Passive)
- equalizer Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- string gauge .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- hardware color Black matte
Equalized tension helps to create a more "alive", open tone. But the design also improves player comfort. The multi scale construction ergonomically coordinates with the way a player's hand angles as it moves up and down the neck, facilitating quick, comfortable playing action.
Panga Panga fretboard
Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range with a sharp attack on high end.
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch & Mid frequency switch
Precision tonal control, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypasses activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
Bartolini BH2 pickups
The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
Questions? Call our staff! We'd be happy to help. 1-866-386-5638