Avalon M5 - Mono microphone preamp
The Avalon M5 Pure Class A microphone preamplifier is the most musical, low noise full function preamplifier available today. Designed to optimize absolute signal integrity and musical performance, the M5 combines an advanced transformer input stage with twin high performance Class A cascode FET and bipolar discrete amplifiers for sonic excellence unequaled by lesser designs. The M5 is ideal for vocal and acoustic instruments, active DI input for the direct recording of bass, guitars and keyboards.
Features include state-of-the-art, balanced 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers, practical user features and rugged hardware designed to deliver true high performance audio for many years.
DESIGNED FOR ULTIMATE MUSIC RECORDING
Avalon preamplifiers have been in use since 1986. They have found their way into the world's most famous lead vocalists recording sessions and studios and been featured on thousands of the best selling (and sounding) albums and live performances.
MINIMUM SIGNAL PATH DESIGN
Avalon's advanced true symmetry design offers high-voltage, large headroom, extended bandwidth and very low noise. The use of 100% discrete, Pure Class A signal amplifiers give the serious music professional unlimited sonic character and a natural harmonic detail that enhances the program material and becomes one with the music itself.
VOCALISTS DREAM MACHINE
The M5 microphone preamplifier is the first choice when you are looking to capture a full bodied, dynamic, musical performance from the intimate depths within the artist. The M5 will make your recordings musical masterpieces!
- Pure Class A, 100% discrete design
- Smooth musical detail and sonic excellence
- Minimum audio signal path
- High performance input transformer
- Microphone and Hi-Z inputs to +36dB
- Very low noise -126dB
- High headroom +30dB
- Gain switched in 2dB steps to +64dB
- DC coupled Pure Class A output
- Large illuminated professional VU meter
- Twin LED peak signal indicators
- Regulated +48v phantom power supply
- Low distortion less than 0.5% THD and IMD
- Variable passive high pass (bass cut) filter
- All signal routing with sealed silver relays