Taylor Builder's Edition K14ce
Taylor Builder's Edition K14ce
This stunning Grand Auditorium from Taylor's new Builder’s Edition collection features Hawaiian koa back and sides paired with a torrefied Sitka spruce top. The guitar was inspired by new groundbreaking V-Class™ bracing, which boosts the volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases the sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the guitar by creating a more orderly response from the soundboard. The result is a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords sing with cohesive beauty.
Another design emphasis of Builder’s Edition is enhanced playing comfort in the form of ergonomic new body contours. Details include a beveled armrest, beveled body edge treatment, and a reshaped cutaway that flows smoothly into the heel and incorporates a finger bevel where the cutaway meets the soundboard. This creates a more fluid path to the guitar’s upper-register notes for your fretting hand.
Other refined touches include “silent” satin finish, which helps quiet the incidental noise against the guitar body, and a gorgeous new Kona burst that highlights the natural beauty of the figured koa back and sides. Inset koa/paua top and back trim adds a beautiful sparkle that complements the new Spring Vine fretboard inlay.
In every way, this K14ce acoustic guitar embodies the ultimate player’s guitar and testifies to the benefits of innovative craftsmanship.
Grand Auditorium: Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Sitka Spruce Top: The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Hawaiian Koa Body: Few woods carry the allure of Hawaiian koa, with its gorgeous figure and sweet, complex tone.
Expression System® 2: The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
Beveled Cutaway: A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing V-Class with Relief Rout
- Truss Rod Cover West African Ebony
- Pickguard None
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Gotoh
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding West African Ebony
- Top Finish Silent Satin
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding Beveled, no binding
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Koa/Fiber/Paua
- Stain/Sunburst Kona Burst
- Wedge None
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Spring Vine
- Fretboard Binding West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Scarf
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish Satin
- Peghead Binding West African Ebony
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling Koa
- Headstock Overlay West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Spring Vine
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Ebony with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons Gold
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim None
This guitar is scheduled to be available as of March 2018.