Wampler Pedals - Ego Compressor
From silky smooth sustain to full out country chicken-picken territory, the Wampler Ego Compressor is the most versatile compressor pedal on the market.
So the big question is: what does a compressor do? A compressor adds an element of control to your playing level – it will bring the quieter parts up and the louder parts down. While an ordinary compressor pedal can give you an element of control, a great compressor will give you the “feel” that other average compressors lack.
A great tube amp when driven into its sweet spot will naturally compress. Many budget compressors give you the squash and squeeze of a driven amp, but more often than not you tend to lose most of your playing dynamics and expression. The Ego Compressor will give that element of squash and squeeze, but will also allow you to be able to control the effect so that your playing can shine through with that great feel.
When Brian designed this pedal, the word that kept coming back to him was “transparency”. The Ego Compressor epitomizes everything a great compressor should be: flexible and transparent while keeping your tone intact.
One of the ways the Ego Compressor lets you have control over your tonal clarity is by the use of the “Blend” knob. The “Blend” knob is a dry mix, which sweeps between a fully effected signal to zero effect across the sweep of the pot. Your unaffected signal can be added back into your overall output. As little or as much as you want, the choice is yours.
The Ego Compressor can also be used as “an effect” rather than keeping the pedal constantly on. Using the Ego Compressor in this manner will fatten up your rhythms and bring some control to your solos. That little bit of extra sparkle will allow your guitar to sit better in the band mix.
• Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
• High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
• Completely true bypass (via highly durable relay switching)
• Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
• Top mounted jacks for tightly packed pedal boards!
• Power draw: 14mA
• Five controls - volume, sustain, attack, tone and blend
• Blend control allows you to get sustain only - no noticeable effect on the attack of the note (great for playing with distortion)
• Tone control adds in high frequencies giving you plenty of clarity and 'jangle'
• 3.5" x 4.5" x 1.5" (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) - height excludes knobs and switches